Happy 2017, my loves! 🍾 I really wanted to write this post as a brief wrap-up of 2016, but as I was typing out and reflecting upon my life and all the changes that came about this past year, I could not stop thinking about how much you guys have changed my life for the better. So firstly, thank you, dear readers. I am continually astonished by your kind words, your sweet comments always and the simple fact still remains that I don’t really understand why you even care at all about my weird little life. But I am incredibly grateful that you’re here, right now, reading this, and I always hope that I can bring a little joy to you the way you’ve given so much to me. 💕
Some personal highlights of 2016:
- I turned 21 this year! CRAAAZY! Finally able to go to bars and drink willy-nilly, although I don’t drink/go out that often, it’s still an amazing freedom to have. 🍻
- I traveled more this year than ever (and hope to continue this in the future). I went to the Dominican Republic with some amazing girls at the beginning of this year as a part of a medical mission trip. My boy and I took our first road trip together to Washington D.C.; and a second and a third to LA and Joshua Tree, all of which were wonderful. I spent a summer at home, which was the longest I’ve been home since I left for college, and it was the best being able to spend so much time with my family whom I love dearly.
- I finally addressed some anxiety issues through a few therapy sessions and a ton of self-help books, and now I feel mentally stronger than ever. I’m always hesitant to talk about anxiety and stress (and the bad aspects of life) but it’s so important to emphasize that obstacles such as mental health are completely normal, and no one’s life is as perfect as an Instagram page could seem.
- I took my MCAT! I needed to put that in just because I spent most of the year studying and preparing for that exam and I’m very happy that it’s finally done with.
- I found a boy who I’m head-over-heels for; who constantly supports my endeavors, and pushes me every day to be my personal best while knowing my limits and respecting my boundaries. So much of my personal growth this year was because of him, I feel so lucky that he’s in my life. ☺️
- I graduate in ONE semester. I’m incredibly frightened about this, but I’m very ready to hustle and find my place as a functioning adult in society.
- I started a blog!! I’ve always loved to write and create but I was always too scared to put myself out there. I’m so glad that finally found a place for me to do that in this blog and feel so blessed that there’s an audience for me to talk to. I’m still working every day on bettering this platform, on trying to post more and on content you would like to read. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see in 2017, please leave a comment below! I’m here to please. 😉
2016 surprised me in more ways than one, but I love looking to the new year as a celebration of the future. Whatever your goals, dreams and endeavors for this year are — put them out there and sprint toward them. I promise you won’t regret it. xo
Leave a Reply